Hello there lovely people,
How are you doing?
This is just a very quick blog to show what I have for breakfast sometimes as I know there are many of you out there who are wondering – “what on earth can I eat on this low carb lifestyle?”
I am on a low carb, vegetarian, low caffeine – soon to be no caffeine, no dairy lifestyle and this is one of my breakfasts. So I don’t eat pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, cakes, biscuits, milk, cheese, yoghurt, coffee, etc – although I do make an exception if I am out and about. However each time I do eat them out and about I am just getting re-addicted to them. I think I may have to stop eating them altogether as it’s taking a week to two weeks to wean off them. They taste so good but they aren’t healthy for my body!
For your information, I had some coffee lately so I am weaning off that with one cup of caffeinated tea in the mornings only. In a couple of days time then I’ll only be having roiboish tea or Barley cup to drink, which have no caffeine in them.
I also ate some cookies, cake and ice-cream recently as I was out and about so I am also weaning off eating sugar and carbs again. I’ll blog again soon about what I do to wean off them. It’s a staged process as they are so addictive.
Anyway, onto the breakfast……
1/2 courgette or more if you want
1 or 2 eggs
Olive Oil or coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
2. Grate the courgette straight into the frying pan.
3. Cook it for maybe a minute or so, gently turning it over.
4. Add salt to it (or not depending on taste) and then push the courgette to the side of the pan.
5. Make sure there is enough oil in the pan in the empty space for the egg(s).
6. Crack the egg(s) into the empty space and cook until ready. This should take about 3/4 minutes or a bit longer if you are cooking two eggs. Don’t worry if it seeps into the courgette as you’ll be eating all of it anyway.
7. Turn the courgette whilst the egg(s) is/are cooking so that it doesn’t burn.
8. When ready serve out onto a plate and season if you wish.
That’s it! I think this breakfast is very easy to do as you use one pan. The fat from the oil and the egg fill me up enough and the fried courgette is so tasty too. So a good all round breakfast.
Let me know how you get on with it and please do leave any comments below.
If you fancy finding out about the other things I do then do read my other blogs or let’s connect on the links on the right hand side of this page.
I’ll look forward to hearing from you.
With my love,